Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Vampire Diaries @ The Paley Festival

The Paley Festival might be my most favorite time of year. The 14 glorious days celebrating television shows both past and present is the most excellent harbinger of Spring! I've attended almost every year of the 17 years I've resided in Los Angeles full-time.

Roseanne, Ellen, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, The Gilmore Girls, Felicity, Alias, Lost, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, Star Trek The Next Generation, Will & Grace, and Beverly Hills, 90210 are but a sampling of the Paley shows I've attended. Fond memories abound for each.

This year I had the very unexpected pleasure to attend The Vampire Diaries at the festival. The panel was hosted by TV Guide's Craig Hitchcock and included: Kevin Williamson, Julie Plec, Ian Somerhalder, Paul Wesley and Nina Dobrev along with some dude from Alloy Entertainment. The discussion was rambunctious and fun in spite of the rather lame host. Ian, Nina and Paul's banter was great and the insight from Kevin and Julie was very cool; more than making up for the lacking-host and poor sound quality.

The best part of the event was that they screened the next episode which isn't slated to air until March 25. I was elated! I'd been going through withdrawals since the show went on hiatus during the Winter Olympics. So many great things happen in the episode and it brilliantly sets up the arc for the rest of the season. Also, Melinda Clarke aka Julie Cooper Nichol Cooper from The OC and Lady Heather of CSI fame begins her stint with this episode. She does not disappoint.

I won't spoil anything specific, but (GENERIC SPOILERS) there are 4 deaths, someone thought dead might not be and there is one heck of a bachelor auction. I am attending the Glee panel next weekend and I cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment