Thursday, March 11, 2010

4 Fun

I've been kicking around the idea of writing a weekly pop-culture list featuring stuff that has garnered my attention. I know, I know...not the most original idea, but I am going to try it...so, here we go:

Spoilerish

White Collar Season Finale!
White Collar's first season was superb. I love Peter and Neal's bromance and camaraderie. The finale featured a crafty-caper and an explosive-ending that abruptly concluded the season's main story-arc. Season two begins sometime this summer and I cannot wait to revel in new cases, cons and Neal's vengeance.

Lady Gaga & Beyonce's Telephone Music Video
At first this song completely annoyed me, except for Beyonce's entrance. Eventually, I became infatuated with this hook-laden tune. The video premiered today and I was expecting the standard song and dance music video fare along with some avant garde couture costuming. Instead, I was surprised with a very campy and highly-stylized "film" directed by Jonas Akerlund. I loved Akerlund's work on Madonna's Ray of Light video and he does not disappoint here.

Watch it here. Thoughts?

America's Next Top Model
I am not even going to try and hide my utter delight that America's Next Top Model has returned. I was leery when I saw the whole premise of the premiere was built on Tyra picking models as if they had sent her a friend request on a popular social-networking site. However, that was the only stumble on the runway for last night's episode. For the most part, I liked the girls she put through and was kind of happy to see that Angelea made it through. She nearly made it through on the season before last, but was eliminated. She is already causing all kinds of trouble and I think her bitch skills are far superior to any modeling talent she may possess. I am also super-glad that Cybill Sheppard's spoiled-rotten god-daughter didn't make it through. I don't think I could have endured her for even a small portion of the season. This is my guilty-pleasure reality show and I cannot wait for a full season of crazy.

American Idol Eliminations
American Idol has really been lack-luster this season. However, the eliminations leading to the top 12 were kind of surprising. I predicted that Lacey and Paige would be eliminated and I sort of suspected that Todrick and possibly Alex were in trouble this week. I was completely stunned to discover Katelyn and Lilly were given the boot. Todrick's elimination wasn't shocking, but Alex's was a bit of a bummer. I really think he has a great voice, but just not enough experience and confidence. The interesting eliminations mean that there is a great chance that some subpar talent will land in the top 10. Lacey, Paige...I'm talking to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment